Monday 18 July 2011

Raspberry feast!

 We went foraging yesterday in Spiers Garden, Beith in the sun and found hundreds of ripe raspberries to gather!

Baby Wild wasn't much use at the gathering process however, she gobbled everyone she picked, leaves and all!  We had set off with hopes of finding some mushrooms following the earlier downpour. but all I found was this ugly looking specimen below.  I'm not sure whether it is Jews Ear or not, so I left it alone.

I still managed to take home a full punnet of raspberries though and we've been eating them ever since.  I think we need some recipes to use them up.  I've had enough jam making to last a while so fancy something new....
and I really fancy this Iced Raspberry & Basil Creme Brulee
and also this Raspberry Rose Sorbet which would be great in the garden in the sunshine this afternoon since I'm off on holiday!

Spiers Garden is pretty toddler-tastic and we had lots of fun running around and finding hidden paths.  The whole place just smells sensational just now with all the wild flowers in bloom.  I loved finding this wishing tree which local kids from the after-school club had hung their Christmas wishes onto some time ago.


I shall leave you today with this Wild Raspberry poem, which sums up our Raspberry bounty!

No comments:

Post a Comment