Sunday 10 July 2011

Growing wild in July

Lots of mushrooms starting to appear including Cep,Chanterelle, Field mushroom, Giant puffball (you GOTTA check out the link for that one!!), Horse mushroom, Parasol mushroom & Shaggy cap if you know where to look.
Sea beet
Green walnut (this link actually takes you to one of Fergus Drennans articles with lots of great wild recipes). I'm not actually sure if I would recognise a green walnut tree, if such a thing even grows in Scotland!
Raspberries are starting to form thanks to the warm weather. I'm looking forward to checking out my secret raspberry patches locally.
Strawberries are everywhere! My wild strawberries are amazing, if only they weren't so tiny! I don't manage to harvest many of my other strawberries though as the wild life are beating me to it every time!
Wild rose flowers still in bloom here, and yes I'm still making jars of jam
Lime blossom
Elderflower
Meadow Sweet blossom - my favourite flower of all, like puffs of cloud growing along the roadsides

1 comment:

  1. My sister and I found a giant puffball a few years ago. It looked like a giant, pale rear-end! X-D But despite its appearance, it was very tasty!

    ReplyDelete