Wednesday 11 May 2011

What is this mushroom?

Can you help?  I have looked through Roger's identification pages and can't find it.... And I so want to know what it is. Is it a St George's mushroom, or an early field mushroom do you think?


Oh dear, in my haste I haven't turned this round.... will do tomorrow!
There are quite a few growing amongst the few flowers I have convinced to grace my front garden.  I've never really talked about the front garden on here, mostly because it is still not living up to my expectations & I am slightly embarrassed.  As you can see, I have no problems growing lots of unwanted weeds.
But more about that later, for now I just want to know if I have accidentally grown my first edible crop of the year?!
Too dark for St George's? And the gills are all tucked away. Smells lovely & mushroomy...

No comments:

Post a Comment