Wednesday 11 May 2011

Dream Gardens : Rathmullan House Hotel

I mentioned that while I was in Ireland we went to see some fantastic gardens, well I have finally found the time to post them on here for you.  These are completely my own opinions and reviews as I have not been sponsored in any way for the following write up.
Fantastic Wisteria!




I haven't been to Rathmullan House for many years, and remember it as being an old fashioned stuck in the last century kinda place. Well that must have been the sulky teenager in me, coz this place is more beautiful than I had expected! It is bang on trend with the amazing walled gardens from which the chef gathers their ingredients and serve in the stunning restaurant & Cellar Bar pictured below.  Regrettfully we had already had lunch, I wich we had known to wait to eat here but we only had time to nosy about the gardens (and rob a few handfuls of ramsons for dinner!).

The Cellar Bar



Daddy Native gazed jealously at such a huge tomato plantation

Perfectly illustrating how to attract friendly insects to the garden
Sign reads Do Not Pick, very tempting though...

Well mature lovage
 I look forward to visiting again next spring/summer and this time shall arrive hungry!


1 comment: