Saturday 3 September 2011

Growing colour combinations


It's taken me a whole week to get around to write this post - am struggling with work, toddlerdom, and the general 'stuff' that needs done daily!  So forgive me for being a bit lite on posts these days....

Last weekend we went to Kelburn Castle (again) for the Vikings.  We had a great time.  Check out our photos of the roaring Vikings on the other blog.  But this was the first time we wandered around the walled garden at Kelburn.  Man, I am a big sucker for a walled garden.  I WANT ONE!  And this was a big walled garden, full of various flower beds and stunning borders, Ewe trees that were over 1000years old! Wow!
It's a shame we didn't manage to see the borders earlier in the summer when they were in their full glory, but I could still admire the colours and textures, despite most of the blooms fading in the August rain and cool.
But the main thing I took away with me was the inspiration to be a little cleverer with the juxtaposition of colours in my flower garden.  I love both these combinations above and below, and hope to find some space in next year's garden to try to replicate such striking colours.

Imagine if this was the view over garden?  Swooning? I am...

PS. Can you tell I've finally got my new camera?!



No comments:

Post a Comment