Friday 25 March 2011

Spring is here!

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning planting.
Indeed Spring has finally Sprung in the West of Scotland.  The crocus are fading in my garden and the daffodils are taking their turn at centre stage.  The dwarf blue iris were rather a disoppointment, but that was because I had planted them in such a niaive manner admittedly! Next year I shall have lots of snow drops clumped amongst them as contrast and I've moved them nearer to the front path so they can be enjoyed better.


Am now starting to see quite a few examples of poor planning on my behalf infact! However I shall not beat myself up about this - last year was the experimental year after all so I shall learn, record, dig up and relocate badly planted specimins so they will look even better next year.

Trying to stay ahead of the game this year I have already sown & thinned my cherry tomato, chives, dill & fennel seedlings which are currently cheering up the bedroom window sill.




Here's hoping the weather isn't so bad this weekend , it has been amazingly sunny & warm all week so fingers crossed it'll stay that way.  I want to get some summer bulbs that somehow fund their way into my shopping basket planted. And there is a whole winter's worth of weeding needing to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment